Do you feel like a wilted flower in desperate need of sunshine? Don't worry; these 5 must-do ideas will have you feeling great and ready to show some skin. The promise of future sunny days can help renew your commitment to living life to the fullest. Sometimes it takes a goal in mind, like summer weather, to look forward to and give you fresh motivation.
1. Fuel your body. Eating healthy can boost your mood and give you energy for some fun in the sun. Try looking up seasonal recipes and ingredients that inspire you to eat healthy. Look at your schedule and see where you tend to let things slide when it comes to eating the best food for your body. You could prepare some easy and healthy recipes ahead of time to bring to work, or make an effort to stock your fridge with healthy snack options.
2. Fuel your mind. There are many ways to fuel your mind--it all depends on taking the time to do an activity you love. Find something that intrigues you and sparks your curiosity. Take a class and learn a new skill, like a language, cooking, or pottery. Go to the bookstore and pick out something from a different genre or author than what you usually read. Starting a new hobby or developing your interest in an area you have always been curious about is a great way to fuel your mind.
3. De-clutter your environment. Sometimes your home can be a reflection of other areas in your life, so make time to put everything back in order and do some spring-cleaning. If there are particularly cluttered areas of your home that have always bothered you, do some research and find a way to finally organize it. It's amazing how relaxing it can be to know your home is clean and de-cluttered, which gives you time to really enjoy those sunny days.
4. Flex your muscles. Cardio is important, but nothing gives you that toned, lean look like strong muscles. Not only will you feel stronger and ready to take on all kinds of summer activities, it will give you the confidence to show some skin in your favorite summer outfits. If you are intimated by the thought of lifting weights without guidance, hire a personal trainer for 30 days or enroll in a strength training class at your local gym.
5. Plan a trip! Nothing can help get you motivated like planning for a special event. Whether it's a long weekend or an exotic get-a-way, having a destination goal is a great way to keep you on track. Even a small day trip to the beach or a local destination can get you in the summer spirit. Take the time to plan something this summer that you can turn to for motivation and excitement.
Keri Murphy with Inspired Living is devoted to inspiring and empowering others to live out their best life possible. As a coach and speaker, Keri has used her own life experiences to inspire others to use their obstacles as stepping-stones in order to reach their highest goals and aspirations. She has also appeared in numerous commercials, infomercials, videos,and independent films.